Friday, December 26, 2008

What a week! {part 1}

As soon as Grandma & Grandpa Hall arrived in North Ryde, Matt & the boys brought them to Aubrye's dance concert (where I was waiting and saving seats). Larry may have thought he'd seen (endured) his last dance recital when Lindsey finished high school, but NOPE! He was actually a really good sport, as were the little boys, Linda, and Matt (kind of).

We loved having our visitors come to church with us on Sunday. We came home and ate, (or played Uno while waiting to eat) and then took everyone on the ferry ride. This is by far my favorite way to see Sydney .
Here we are, ready to go. Ernie Smith, Tay are I are not pictured. The drunk guy behind Matt is not part of our group, although he thought he was! We like to start at Manly Wharf, come through the gap, and into the city at Circular Quay. It was a gorgeous, cool day. It did get breezy on the ride ...

(ok, more like Gael force winds) but, they were good sports!
hiding from the wind
nice day for a Sail!

approaching the city
Zach so thoughtfully shares Taylor's stroller with him. Doesn't Tay look comfortable?!

We walked to the Opera House, and a little bit in the Royal Botanic Gardens. Matt and the kids were taking a break on the grass. As they were getting up, I whipped out the camera and got this... It is my new favorite!

If you look closely, you can see the climbers up on the bridge. The kids can never resist counting the stairs in front of the Opera House, and then running and jumping down down down and then doing it all again!

We rode the ferry back to Manly as the sun set on the city. Gorgeous! I just love the city. Taylor and Matt entertained us on the way back. Lately, Tay can't laugh without crinkling up his nose and forcing the laughs out as grunts. A comedian, just like his dad.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What beautiful pictures! That ferry ride looked fun. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! thanks for the cards!! Our cards to your family will be in the mail tomorrow!

Lindsey S. said...

I love the picture of the kids crouching down from the wind! And your new favorite picture is adorable. It looks like a lot of fun over there. Wish we could be there!

Mike said...

I'm so glad you've posted again. I have been going through Hall withdrawls for the past several days. Love the pic of Taylor laughing--I can almost hear it. Is Matt losing weight? He looks think in that pic too.