Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

{Big smiles after Space Mountain--
Best part? Waiting in the air-conditioning. It was over 100 degrees outside! Hello, it's APRIL.}

{Autopia - Grandpa and Aubs, followed--a little closely I must say--by Grammy & Sue}

The CA portion of our trip was amazing. I'm pretty sure we defied the laws of physics--there is no other explanation for doing as much as we did in such a short period of time while remaining happy and healthy. We hit Disneyland, saw huge amounts of cousins sporting matches (lacrosse, roller hockey, soccer, baseball...) , survived a family photo shoot at the beach, got pedicures, celebrated birthdays and still managed to sit around and visit. Thanks to my amazing family for pulling this off, feeding us constantly, sharing your car, house, pool, church, beds, etc. We always feel at home with you :)

{kinda a large group, dontcha think? we split up a few times, but mostly stuck together. it was my favorite trip to Disneyland yet. 
Grammy & Gpa joined up with us for most of the day!}

{Is that your inmate number? No, it's my mom's cell #. She sharpied to my body in case I get lost...}

{Taylor l-o-v-e-d Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day ride. We even saw Tigger, although we didn't wait in the line for a photo op... Did I mention it was over 100 degrees??? The other kids were busy getting soaked on Splash Mountain.}

{Sooo glad we waited in line for Dumbo while the girls went over to the Tea Cups :) }

{Best ride of all: Big Thunder Mountain! Not only do I love it, but it had almost NO line! We rode it 3 times I think. I just had to be careful on the turns not to completely squash Aubs!}

{Casey Jr with a cage of wild animals! And yes, Aubs mouth is bloody--her tooth just fell out as we were about to get on this ride.}

{The first time Bryson was officially tall enough to ride ALL the rides at Disneyland!}

{At Disneyland a diet coke & giant pickle totally count as dinner...}

{Time for night-night. The happiest place on earth makes us all tired after awhile!}

{overlooking Laguna Beach--waiting for the family photoshoot}
{Aubrye may not have a sister, but she has the most fabulous girl cousins ever!}

{Us with my parents. They live in one of the most beautiful places on earth!}

{We celebrated Aubrye & Bryson's birthdays after the beach photo session.}

{After Porter's hockey game--somebody get this kid some Gatorade!}

{between lacrosse matches Abbie showed us how to throw & catch}

{and Taylor showed us how he can steal the ball and end our little lacrosse lesson}

{it didn't take long for Taylor to fall for sweet Kenzie}

Once again, we were so sad to have to leave. But I'm pretty sure you (we) couldn't have kept that intensity up for much longer! Non stop. It was awesome.

7 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

What a fun trip. I can't believe how grown up they all are!

Zach & Lizzy said...

I LOVE Disneyland! It looks like you all had such a blast!

Heather Richardson said...

We're glad we spent that crazy fun time with you guys! Its a tough call, but I think the photo of Taylor and Mickey is my favorite.

Be well!


(NO WAY - my word verify was "asess")

Sue Coe said...

That was such a FUN walk down memory lane . . . I LOVED reliving our weekend in the fastlane!

Just got back from Calif Adv -- those 2fer passes from our Disneyland day expired today & I just could NOT let them go to waste. I took Abbie, Jodi, Porter & Jack out of school to accompany me; and gave the other 3 to a good friend with two darling little girls.

p.s. it was a good call to go to disneyland instead of ca adv when you were here - you really need to be 48" and up to do lots of the stuff there.

p.p.s. SERIOUSLY? Heather gets the craziest 'verify' words

Brandalyn said...

I loved seeing pictures of Disneyland, it truly is one of the happiest places on earth! Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive! I have been so anxious to hear about the wedding and see some family pictures, so get going on that would you?!

I loved your previous post. I have often thought about what the future has in store, it scares me a little though.

Hope all is well!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Spacemountain, dill pickles and diet Coke - that is why Disneyland is the happiest place on earth! Glad you got to visit it!

SuburbiaMom said...

Great idea about the permanent marker phone numbers! Glad you had a great time in CA!