Friday, May 29, 2009

No photo left behind

May is slipping by... but not without mention of a few notable memories:
Holy Cross Soccer Club--Zach w/ Ethan Nicol 
Zach takes home the "Man of the Match" trophy after his first game. He didn't score a goal, but he did defend his own goal four or five times! (and he did it all with his eyes shut! j-k)

Celebrity Disco
As always, the kids' school is raising money for something, so they put on a disco--come as your favorite celebrity. Well, my kids don't know who their favorite celebrity is, but with the help of some friends here's who they decided to be: Taylor Swift (Aubrye), Tom Cruise (Bryson), and David Beckham (Zach).

The Prekpenarat Family was sealed in the Sydney Temple
What a privilege to experience this day with them. They immigrated to Australia from Thailand soon after joining the church. In Sydney they didn't know where to find an LDS church, so they just went to an Anglican one that was on their street. About a year after, an LDS Chinese lady (far left) moved into the Prekpenarats apt building, and somehow she met them and gave them the info for our Ward. We have loved getting to know this family!

Mother's Day
Rubs galore!

7 comments:

Zach & Lizzy said...

Oh my goodness! What a darling family you have! We miss you all SO much!! Love you all tons! What sweet kids to give their wonderful mamma a back rub!

Heather Richardson said...

My thoughts while reading this:

I did NOT recognize Bryson/Tom Cruise! Wow, that look works for him.

Way to go on the soccer, Zach!

I love your boys casual attire at the temple sealing - as well as the other boys jacket/jeans look. Really!
Great story.

SOOO jealous of the Mother's Day Pampering - you totally deserve it. Happy June Halls!

Katie said...

Hi Carrie.

Love the updates! I've been meaning to ask since you decided to rent your home out, does this mean you are not returning to the states in the spring of 2010? I thought you were getting so close . . . just curious what your future plans are!

Katie

Lindsey S. said...

Cute. I love how they are giving you rubs. Looks like I need more kids! haha

Anonymous said...

I love the back rub pictures. It looks like you had a fun trip next time you come we will all have to get together.

Katt said...

My celebrity suggestions would have been- Paris Hilton (Madison), Marilyn Manson (Bryson), Kid Rock (Zach).

BTW, your Mother's Day present looks heavenly! I could go for one of those right about now. :)

Brandalyn said...

Love all the great pictures, of course, especially the mothers day rub. I did miss you on the scapbooking night, I thought about inviting you but knew the distance was probably a little too far. Although Jen made it from moab, craxy scissors and all. Oh, you know me so well, but I am proud to say that I actually finished 9 pages, yeah for me!