Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bryson's Birthday Celebrations


Bryson is eight!

I love so much about Bryson. I love how openly he anticipates his birthday gifts. He talks about his birthday for months in advance. He thinks a lot about what he might want to do for the big day, and what he might get.
Being in Australia, he didn't have the usual ritual of making invitations & having some sort of theme party with friends. He did wish his friends could be here, but he never complained about it. In fact, he's been really good about not dwelling on all his sadnesses. I'm proud of him.

Back to the fun stuff! We began the celebrations on Saturday with the return of Matt from Utah. He got here around 8am with 3 very heavy suitcases that we couldn't wait to open (especially Bryson:)

After the explosion of unpacking, Matt took a short nap and then we were off to Balmoral Beach. Our friends, the Bairds were able to join us! Yay! We will miss them when they head back to Texas. The kids explored the tide pools, did a little snorkelling, and playing in the sand. Then, we all enjoyed a Krispy Kreme donut--Bryson's choice. (One dozen cost $17.95-yikes!)

On Sunday Bryson woke up bright and early and ready to rip into all his gifts. He was so happy to get Super Smash Bros (Wii game) from Grandma Linda! He also got a special pack of candy and beads sent by Caden. He immediately organized those into his bead case. At church, Bryson met with our bishop about his baptism. It is going to be April 19th at 11am if any of you can make it (:


After church Bryson had a blast playing with his new games. We had cake and ice cream for dinner! (I was too busy getting Aubrye packed up for camp, so we never actually had "dinner" and no one complained.)
On Monday, since it's still only Sunday in Utah, we celebrated Bryson's true birthday with more cake and ice cream. All in all it was a great weekend, with lots of birthday fun!

5 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

Dear Bryson,
Congrats on getting Brawl!We have it too!You can get Toon Link!Its pretty much the funnest game ever!We have Toon Link.We also beat the Subspace Emissary.Its hard!
Hi Aubs!
Do u like Brawl? If u do, who is your favorite character? I like Zelda and Peach.
Is 5th grade hard? I have 5th grade math because I go to the GATE class. We probably have the same math!
Love,
Harriet:-) and Jack

Heather Richardson said...

and now from the grown-ups - the kids squealed with delight when they heard you got Brawl - probably almost as excited as Bryson that he got it.
Sounds like the birthday was a "smashing" success! We love the pictures - i'm sending some out in the next day or two so look for those...take care! We miss you!
- Heather

Miller Family said...

hi guys,
hope you guys are having a good time!
i didnt know Aubrye was going to camp, where is she going?
hope you had a great bday Bryson, sorry we missed it i would have came if i could, buti dont think i could have.
love ya guys!!!
♥ Aubrey J.

Lindsey S. said...

It's fun to see the pictures from his birthday. I had so much fun talking to him on his birthday. Him and Aubrye have grown up so much. I know Aubs is really our 21 year old, but I still was shocked how talking to her on the phone was like talking to one of my girlfriends! She still suprises me. And Bryson is just a stud. He was so excited about his presents and telling us about his day. It made us really homesick for you guys. (If that makes sense!)

Lisa F. said...

Hey Bryson, It sounds like your birthday was pretty fun. We thought of you on that day and wished you were here. Salym really misses you. Her birthday is this week. We are busy doing testing. Yuck! We just wrote some stories about our second grade memories and I think everyone wrote about you. We are sad that you're not coming back, but glad that you will get to be with your dad. I hope third grade is going well. Tell Aubrye to hang in there. She is such a good student. Thanks for the koala toys. I had some stuff for you, but your dad forgot to come back to my class. I will mail it with some of your work. Miss you, Mrs. Fausett