...to climb out of the HOLE that I have been in for the past 3 weeks.
After having the voice of a pack-a-day smoker, and coughing myself silly, I finally went to the doctor. Pneumonia.
The kids are ALL sick, too, and Matt is just starting the sniffles. I think (knock on wood) I'm towards the end of my decrepitness (not sure if that's a word).
The past couple days Aubs & Zach have been well enough to go to school. Bryson and Tay & I doze in and out of consiousness in front of the Olympics.
Which leads me to say...
Olympic coverage here BITES! They have the most pathetic commentators. I really feel ripped off as far as my Olympic experience goes. We better be living in the US by the time London is hosting. For one thing, the lame-o Aussie commentators have made several jabs at the US athletes. (ie. "Well, we all know the Americans can be such poor sports.") Gimme a break! When their star athlete doesn't win, they make a zillion excuses for them!
I can understand (although I don't like it) that the Aussies cover their own athletes moreso than any others. But this means I often miss out on Gymnastics because Women's Softball, or worse, Equestrian Dressage happens to have an Aussie contender. (No offense to those of you who love softball and/or dressage...)
Anyway, this has turned into a rant, which probably isn't good for my lungs...
At least I got to see Phelps swim, since there were usually Aussies on either side of him.
Just don't make me watch one more lady water polo-er climb out of the pool with a massive wedgie, K? Thanks.
6 years ago

4 comments:
I'm so glad you are back. Your comments always make me laugh. :) I must be watching the wrong thing because I haven't seen any waterpolo wedgies! I'll have to write a letter to NBC.
Hope you feel better soon.
Mike
ooh, I like the bit of 'tude in your post! But, I'm sorry about the crappy coverage.
The twins and I stayed up too late last night watching the platform divers, but we haven't seen too much Olympics since we came on vacation.
And I'm so sorry you are sick! Pneumonia sounds terrible. I hope that you ALL feel better soon.
Utah is fun, but not the same without you to come visit...
I'm sorry you are not feeling well! That stinks about the crappy coverage of the olympics. It's been really exciting to watch, but sometimes I need to see a normal show or the news now and then to remember other things are going on! haha I hope you guys get feeling better and the kids too.
I'm sorry you've been sick. I've had pneumonia and it was miserable.
It's not as good as TV, but you can go to nbc.com to see some video of the gymnastics, etc.
Post a Comment