It was the perfect part for Aubs. Of course she's one of the smallest in her class, so there was the irony in that. And, she looked more strong, or square, than fat. But, the best thing was that she got to show a goofy side to herself. I sometimes see glimpses of her tween-age self consiousness peeking out. You know when you're so worried about looking right or acting a certain way. But, this just let her be silly. I love her personality and her sense of humor.
Here's Zach at the end of assembly. He received a Merit card this week for passing off all of his word boxes! Well done, Zach. (I should explain, word boxes are take-home sight words that get progressively more challenging...) His reading is improving by leaps and bounds.
He has been keeping track of each of the kids who have already passed off word boxes, and couldn't wait to be a part of that group. They have their name posted on a special board in the classroom. Now, it says "Zach Hall" at the bottom. And, now, the "readers" in the class insist that his name is ZaCH (rhymes with matCH).
...such is life...

4 comments:
Aubrye! you're such a square! I bet you did a great job in your part.Also kisses and hugs to Bryson, "Zatch" and Taylor!
I love the fat suit. Those assembley's look like a lot of fun!
I want James to go the school in Australia it looks like fun.
Aubrye made a great fat lady, I am sure that was a lot of fun! I love the pictures of Tay in the tub, that is so funny that he loves the little ducks, kids are so fun!
Post a Comment