We celebrated our 6 month mark with cake, candles & sprinkles.Here are our bests and worsts from the first half-year...
Worsts:
shopping trolleys & shopping in general (me)
massive spiders/snakes/cockroaches (me & Aubs)
sweeping the possum poo (Zach--it is his chore to sweep the deck on Saturdays!)
no left turn on red (Matt)
lack of cereal choices (Matt & kids)
school (Aubrye)
traffic (all of us)
cost of living (me & Matt)
so far from home (Bryson)
Bests:
the bridge (me)Manly & our other fave beaches (all of us)
Blenheim Park (Zach)mom's store (Bryson)--I have a "store" of stuff that the kids earn for having a good attitude, etc
our house (Matt)--no yard work or home improvement projects!
seeing unique animals (Aubs)
year round school schedule (me & kids)
Taylor (all of us)
I feel like we are settling in again (finally) after our holiday back "home." It helps that spring is just about here, and that means we'll be spending more time out at the beach. I love that the kids have 2 weeks off every term. It is just enough time to have fun, and get a break, without being so long that we want to harm eachother. (Assuming harm is the happy medium between annoy & kill.)
Life is good...

7 comments:
Gee, how did Zach end up with such a great job?! I always like to see your posts. Thanks for doing them. Wish spring was around the corner here. It is quite cold and stormy here today. I'm not looking forward to cooler weather.
Miss you guys.
Love this post, Carrie. It's fun to see the contrast between everyone's likes and dislikes. I'm glad you're settling back in and are getting ready to hit the beaches. Sounds like fun. Can I come?
Love to all!
Six months down, ???? to go?
We miss you guys but we hope you are getting a lifetime of great memories.
J&H asked to get email accounts for their tenth birthday, so that will motivate them to spend more time on the computer corresponding with their cousins rathern than being devoted to webkinz or DS game cheat sites.
speaking of, we got your b-day cards etc. in the mail, so very nice!! They are working on some thank you notes....
this is Pete here. Remind Matt that we can't make a left on red here in the States either, so he should quit his griping. See below...
Yes, I do know you drive on the left side of the road....
Anyway, fun to see the photos. Tell Aubs we hope she'll reprise her role (roll?) when we see her in April. Can't wait to see you all,
Uncle/Brother/Brother-in-law Pete
Woah. I can't believe my bro actually read the blog! And commented! Thanks for making my day, Pete!
And, MIke, Zach only has to sweep the deck, and Bryson does the lower patio. They do a "crappy" job, so I end up doing it again every Monday :)
6 months, it feels like longer! Hopefully the next 6 go by faster. I feel like its already time for another visit to utah! ;)
Post a Comment