looks like Aubs is lovin' that egg-y special
Saturday Matt & Bryson went to their first AFL ("footie") game. Go Sydney Swans! The sport is Aussie Rules Football, very similar to Rugby. It had been a very cold & rainy day, but they had a great time. I think Bryson was ready to come home by the third quarter, but they drove with some serious Swans fans, and weren't about to leave early. It turned out to be a nail-biter of a game, from what I hear. Bryson's fave part? The massive sausages (hot dogs)--and apparently he ate the entire thing. 
Sunday, there was no breakfast in bed (fast sunday) but the kids did have some goodies for Matt that they bought at their school's "Fathers' Day Stall." They picked out a screws/nails organizer, car organizer, and bungy cords. They passed on the giant "world's best beer drinkin' dad" mug. (Although, secretly, I think Matt would've liked it! For his Ginger beer, of course.)
After church, pancakes, and a very tiny nap for Matt, we went to the Gap. Not that Gap unfortunately. (The kids were a little alarmed, though, that we had to go to the Gap on Sunday...)
same view, minus the fam... these cliffs were massive. I loved the salty air here.
turn around from the ocean & cliffs and you will see this...
It is yet another lovely view of the city, this time from Watson's Bay. We hiked around and ate a picnic dinner after watching the sun set on the city. The Gap is a place where you can look down the cliffs over the huge waves of the ocean, and then turn your head and see the peaceful harbor just behind you. Gorgeous. We even got a faint rainbow at one point.
Happy Fathers' Day to Matt!

8 comments:
Your whole family looks so great and happy. The kids are lucky to have such fun and adventurous parents! You live in an amazing place. Thanks for taking great pictures and sharing your lives with us. . . . it helps us in not seeing you all as much as we would like!
love, mom/grandma
We miss your cute smiling faces!
Sydney "Swans"? Strange name for a tough footie team...
TWO father's days for Matt . . . just another sign of his rockstar life. He's gonna have withdrawls when he returns to Utah! (he knows he WILL return...right?!)
Thanks for your posts - LOVE hearing what you're doing!
Every time I see your beautiful pictures, I miss AUS like crazy. It seems like a distant dream that we were there (not all that long ago). I'm proud of Matt for getting on the bike--it's a great way to commute! I would so love to come back for another summer in Manly! (P.S. I fully expect Matt to get the Manly speedo for Christmas!)
Thanks for keeping us updated.
As always, love your little funny comments. The photos are great. what a beautiful place. We are boring parents compared to you!! :)
wow - another beautiful outing. The Gap looks amazing - unfortunately that picture with your whole family won't enlarge when I click it - I wanted to see your cute faces but I also really wanted to see those houses on the CLIFFS behind you! What a view!
You should be heading into spring here sometime soon, right?
miss you!
I wish our sundays could be spent doing something like that!
I think the tripod works great! That will be fun to get more pictures of all of you. We love the GAP of Australia, what a beautiful place! I think you're finding all the awesome places around Syndey. Maybe you could write a tourist guide for Americans that visit Australia.
RJAKLEB.
We're headed to Provo tomorrow for the BYU-UCLA game. We'll be thinkging of you.
We were flipping through the channels and came upon a Sydney Swans rugby game. I immediately recognized Matt's red and white scarf that so many of the fans were wearing. So I guess they show Swans games on UEN channel 9 in Utah. Funny, huh?
Post a Comment