I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat waiting to hear if I've had the courage to get my hair cut. But, if your baby's in the tub or you've left the iron on, seriously, go attend to those things first. My hair will wait...
I have difficult and unforgiving hair. I usually know how to sufficiently tame it, but it requires a visit to my very most favorite hair specialist (here) every couple months. Upon learning I would be moving to a far away land, this was TOP of the worry list--what will I do when I need a haircut?
Go ahead and call me dramatic or silly or vain. But, I was raised on bad hair, and I prefer to leave the past alone. No desire to re-visit it. Matt was present to endure a really bad cut I got during pregnancy (double whammy). So, I'm confident he had as many, if not more, butterflies in his stomach as I left the house Friday to trust my hair to a stranger.
Armed with photos of both what I want, and don't want, could things really go that bad?
This brings me to my title.
Conan O'brien has a segment where he pairs up two celeb's and shows what their offspring would look like. Hence, "If they mated..." I would laugh and laugh. This was once so funny to me. Now, all I think about when I see myself in the mirror, is the "hair" child of Dorothy Hamill and Dudley Moore.


Don't even ask, cuz I'm not posting a photo.
Let's just say, I can totally relate to Monica...

10 comments:
I have a hard time believing your hair would be anything but great! It's been great seeing Matt, but I'm sure he knows that we'd much rather see you and the kids!! Can you send me Zach's email? I know Andrew would get a kick out of that. And don't worry about the hair, it will grow back....
I can't begin to remember the Monica's hair episode, I was out of the country for too long and missed too many episodes...
but I will say I hope its not the Puerto Rico humidity frizz Monica hair! Otherwise Monica (and you!) have always had FAB hair to my knowledge and opinion.
I'm sure its not too bad, but I'm sorry it didn't turn out for you.
speaking of being out of the country, at least you don't live in a place where "white" hair is something the stylists have little to no experience with. That's why most pictures of me from Thailand show me with either a pony tail or big old clipped up hair.
I even had one person who wouldn't cut my hair there because I was pregnant and it "wouldn't be good for the baby"...
well, your mom's still there, maybe she can do your hair for you..:-)
I'm sorry. I know you have been nervous about getting your haircut by someone different. I understand that is feels better to have a hairstyle you like and are comfortable with. Have you tried doing different ways? Air dry, blow dry, mouse, straightners, etc.We love you no matter what!!!!
Now, I've got to see a picture. What a funny post. I really hope it isn't that bad. Love the friends reference.
I just have one thing to say to you. "At least you have hair!"
C'mon, you had to see that comment coming from me.
Also, the title of this blog was truly intriguing. Just looking at those photos you can also be glad it is just the hair and not Dudley Moore's face! :)
Oh, come on, Carrie...you've just got to share. Pleeeeease! I'm sure that what I'm imagining is much worse than it really is. My imagination can run pretty wild, you know! My "hair specialist" moved to California a couple of months ago, so I can kinda relate. I'm still trying to find someone who will cut my hair the way I want it AND not charge so much that we can't afford to eat for a week. I've heard the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about two weeks. I hope that's true for you, although I'm sure you still look ravishing!
I expected that those of you who know me at all would assume I'm exaggerating (do i have that reputation?)
Unfortunately, it IS that bad.
Today I have a headache from wearing a hat all day...
What?! You?! Exaggerate?! You've got to be kidding me! Who woulda thought?! (And could I possibly use any more punctuation??!!)
Have fun with your cute mom. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures together!
So, I really need to hear the details! I am so sorry. Is it really that bad? I can't imagine you with Dorothy Hammil hair. Did you get it colored also. How did the color turn out? I have been thinking about you, now I just need to see the results. Maybe I could offer a suggestion?
You know you could always fly me to Australia so I could do your hair for you. Since I obviously can't afford the plane ticket myself. Maybe you could work that into your Nuskin contract? I am sure they would go for it.
I'm so sorry! Brandylon just cut my hair. I love her cut I just had to cope with the loss of 7 inches. She sure is the only one I trust so I can only imagine how hard it would be to try someone else.
Post a Comment