Thursday, October 23, 2008

No news is good news

It's me Carrie, although from the title I bet you thought it was mom (grammy), no? I'm lifting one of her famous phrases to justify not posting about her yet :)
She arrived on time (7am) and proclaimed her flight uneventful, although the food was really bad (she said she couldn't even eat the chocolate muffin...and knowing mom, it would've had to have been awful to let it go to waste...). Aubrye & I drove her home. (I didn't want to risk filling the car with kids when we were expecting some extra large suitcases!) We immediately raided her bags for goodies from the USofA (thanks SO much Sue). After a couple hours at home with Matt, we waved him goodbye (in a taxi) and got this party started! Cuz that's what you get as the first official visitor in the land downunder. Sorry, Sue, but you have to come back to be an official visitor, K?
We had a gorgeous day with lots of sunshine, and couldn't let it go to waste. We started out shopping at Manly, and then caught the ferry to see the sights around the harbour, eventually ending up at Kiribilli (under the bridge) for pizza and thai. Back to the ferry, then back home, and it was 9pm! I can't believe this woman! She had no signs of jet lag. We put all the kids down, and she was still going! We stayed up chatting, munching, picking-up, wiping-off. I finally told her it was time for bed :)
We're having a blast, and will post again soon. Wish you were here :)

3 comments:

Sue Coe said...

Oh, I'm SO excited to see mom down there with you guys!! Thanks for posting!

And I can just SEE mom continuing to wipe all the sticky off your counters for you, even running on no sleep for 48 hrs!! You're gonna have TWO WHOLE WEEKS of ne'er a dish in the sink!!

Thanks for posting & HAVE FUN!

Heather Richardson said...

Glad to see that she made it a-ok and you are all having a great time!

(and if there's any space in her large suitcase on the way home for some NuSkin Night Supply or other luscious skin creams i'd be happy to take them off your hands!)

Heather Richardson said...

also, in response to your comment on my blog - NO the kids do not have their own computer, we have one, very old, very slow computer and no plans (or budget) to update any time soon. But I figured the blogging could be a good learning experience for them, and I'm keeping an eye on it. It is actually a great motivator for them ("you can get on the computer after you're dressed for church!" or "after you finish your homework, chores ect.") and it hasn't been a problem so far. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts, it seems that for some blogs are fun to start, but quickly become tiresome. I do hope they keep trying to be creative and come up with new things.

Hope you guys are still having a great time!!