+021-2.jpg)
Just south of Sydney is this massive National Park. It competes with Yellowstone in being the "First" National Park in the world. It is massive. I'm disappointed we didn't start exploring here sooner. I am sure we could go every week, and never tire of it. What better way to end a hike than with a swim?
There are a few small towns located within the Nat'l Park. After driving through dense, dense forest & "bushland" so that Taylor could nap, we stopped for lunch, and some playground action in Bundeena, one of these towns. Taylor presents a challenge these days, as he is BUSY & OPINIONATED & becoming more INDEPENDENT. Let's just say he prefers to not be interrupted from whatever it is he's doing. Getting him back into the car seat can really test my strength. But, with a karate chop to the midsection, I can usually get the belt buckled.
If only he knew how much fun and challenge awaited him as we landed at this deserted beach (could a National Forest get any better?) Since he's been walking we haven't spent much time at the beach. Walking in the sand became an addiction for Taylor. He just kept practicing: drunken walking, falling over, taking a bite of sand, checking out the rocks & shells & bottle caps, and starting again.
+022-2.jpg)
Taylor kept me fully entertained while Matt and the kids had a swim, and explored the crabs and anemones in the rocks. I'm always amazed at how easy it is here to be deep within nature, and then glance across, and see the city. I love it. It is Saturdays like this one that I will {someday} miss. I'll admit, we have slacked off of our commitment to explore--sometimes the house just needs to be cleaned--but after this gorgeous day, I am jumping back on the wagon. +017-2.jpg)
+017-2.jpg)
The sailboats were gorgeous-lots of spinnakers out today. The city across the water is Cronulla.

3 comments:
What a fun day! I haven't been to a beach for over 2 years. Unless you count bear lake but I don't! What a fun time you are all having. It makes me jealous!
Bailey's doctor couldn't get her to focus out of her left eye and she thinks but only thinks she might not be able to see out of it or atleast having some trouble with it. We will be seeing an opthomologist to see what is really going on. We just pray it's nothing.
What a cool place. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
It looks like so much fun I love looking at all your adventures.
Post a Comment