Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blue Mtns

After lunch we drove out to the Blue Mountains to explore and hike around. The mountains are not really blue. In fact they are very green due to the thick Eucalyptus forests. The "blue" comes from the oils that the trees emit into the air, making the haze around the mountains look blue. As you look toward the far-est away part of this photo, you'll see that blue haze.
We stopped at Wentworth Falls, had some ice cream, and then started our hike. I didn't have the backpack for Taylor, so he and I went a short way (to this look-out point) and Pete took the bigger kids all the way to the falls. I could hear them talking and laughing almost the entire way. The water falls are just behind Aubrye's head in this picture. It seemed so far from where I waited, but I could hear them when they called to me from across the valley. It was awesome.I have been so proud of these kids! They are such adventurers. Just throw in an ice cream every now and again, and they are all set!

1 comment:

McKenzie said...

Hey you guys. I found dan & lisa's blog and linked over. We sooo wish we were there too. (we're working on it. Maybe if it happens we can be neighbors!) I hope it's okay for us to visit you're blog and live vicariously through you guys. Craig's grandpa had an apartment they vacationed at in Manley! The pix bring back good times.

p.s. will you eat a tim tam for me and a golden gaytime for craig :0)