Thursday, June 11, 2009

Autumn Proof

I swear it was fall for less than a week here. Luckily I snapped these pics to remind me... Now that the radio guy tells me we are in for a week of "tops of 13" (celcius--not sure on the conversion, but just know it's c-c-c-cold) I am forgetting what those delightful fall days felt like.
It was one of those days when Taylor and I were out on a walk and I happened to bring the camera along. I'm glad I did because I have spent the past year and a half wishing I had the camera handy whenever I see a postman.
They make me smile in a smirk/laughing way; not so much a joyful happy way. In my opinion they are the Aussie James Bond. They race around with no concern for traffic; no concern for anything for that matter. Their helmet-sun-protection-veil flapping in the wind, making them appear to be traveling faster than they probably are. They drive across yards, jumping curbs, weaving into and out of traffic... It is awesome. I wonder what the job interview process is like.
I was literally running at top speed (while maneuvering Taylor's stroller and the camera) to try to keep up enough to get some photos.
I realized after I finally gave up that he/she (you never know!) was probably getting a kick out of watching me in his/her rear view mirrors! They definitely entertain me. And I'm just glad if I could return the favor.


1 comment:

McKenzie said...

You totally make me laugh. How funny are they. This is one of my favorite sites. I'll never forget seeing my first "postie".