Thursday, May 22, 2008

Silence...

And the winner is: David........

For a good 5 seconds the kids made no sounds.

We let them stay up way past bedtime for the American Idol finale. We were rooting for Archuleta all the way. Aubrye just knew he'd win. I thought he would, too. Bryson and Zach were leaning toward Cook. Matt already knew, cuz he saw the result online (AI is aired a day later here...)

So anyway, we were a little bummed that David Archuleta didn't win. But then Zach (nearly asleep) goes,

"Now ALL our shows are over. We have nothing to watch. Biggest loser. Over. So you think you can dance. Over. There's just SpongeBob now."

Matt and I were cracking up. It is pretty pathetic. Living in the Medina we had 9 channels; 3 of which were Aussie sports. SO, we got hooked on these shows. I will say (in my defense), I didn't let the kids watch "So you think you can dance, Australia", except for the final couple shows. They were obsessed with "Biggest Loser Australia" though--it was our FHE activity for a month straight.

So, that was our Thursday night. How do you feel about the new AI? (Lindsey, I can only guess that you shed a tear... ) I think D.C. is good. And, probably more marketable than D.A. But, what do I know...

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I liked both Davids, although I was partial to David Cook - sorry! But David A will go far, he seems to have a massive fan base.
So glad to see you're settled in your new place and having fun at school! How long will you be in the States for?

Lindsey S. said...

I really wanted to shed a tear! I was so sad. I like David Cook too, I just really wanted Archuleta to win! And Zach is hilarious. I don't know what we are going to do every Tuesday and Wednesday anymore either. You can let him know So You Think You Can Dance just started! :) That's what I will be doing!

Mike said...

Zach is so funny. What a pure child-like question. It made me smile. My favorite part was when ZZ Top and David Cook performed. Takes me back to the good old days. Archuleta has a bright future I think. Now that our shows are over, maybe we can get some work done on the house. Looks just like it did when you left! :(

Stacy W. said...

Hey there Halls!! I just found your blog from Brandalynn's blog. You are an amazing blogger Carrie! I am so impressed. I am also soooo excited to see all the adventures you guys have been up to. My hat is off to you guys for looking on the bright side and always being so positive about such a new experience. It really looks so cool over there and I loved your post about going out into the bush with the kids, until you heard about the snake and then headed straight home. I totally agree with that decision. I can not handle snakes. HOpe all is well and I can't wait to show matt this site. He will love to see your house there and all your adventures. love - stacy