Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Un-traditional Southern Hemisphere Christmas

I know it was, like, so last year, but I couldn't skip posting a few pics from Christmas...

Is Taylor or Aubs more excited???

Aubs was pretty stoked to get this box of fabric and sewing stuff. She has been asking me to teach her to sew for a couple years now... It's about time!


We ALL look forward to our homemade gifts from Aubs. She made Bryson a "house" from a formula can for his Pokemon figures. How cute is that? She was up late on Christmas eve trying to perfect Zach's racecar-from-a-Pringles-can, but I couldn't figure out how to help her do the wheels. She had to give it to him unfinished... While I'm at it, I'll tell you what else she made...Matt & I each received gorgeous cards as well as coupon books with WAY useful stuff (like alone time, back rubs, & card games, to name a few). She cannot stand not to give her own creations to us. I love it. It is always from her heart :)

Apparently he's noticed that I wrap stuff in NOT it's own box, cuz he wasn't convinced there was an actual DS in this box. Since this was from Santa, he was pleasantly surprised :) **and hasn't stopped playing it for about 10 days now...**

What a winning combo! Nintendo Monopoly.
I'll let you decide who is giving whom a ride on his new plasma car :)
Everyone loves this gift, although it came with Zach's name on it...
Merry Christmas!
Taylor and I were back in bed by 10am. That was my gift to myself... crank up the a/c and take a nap in my "ice box" (my bedroom gets real cold; just the way I like it!) When I got out of bed the second time, everyone was busy with their new stuff... Aubs had hers all organized in her room where she was reading one of her many new books; the boys were completely absorbed into their DS's and the rest of their gifts were strewn about the wrapping scraps and fallen ornaments... and Matt was asleep on the couch with FoxNews on TV.
I made a ham and we all drove over to our friends' house to hang out, play new Wii games, eat, etc. I'm pretty sure there were only 3 drinks spilled between the 9 children present. Not bad. We were all happier for having friends to share this day with!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a very good Christmas for everyone! And when you said 'crank up the a/c' I shivered a little - it's been just above freezing here ever since Christmas! Please, somebody, get me down there!!

Linda Hall said...

Well. . I just got done shoveling the driveway for the second time today! The snow we have gotten has been unbelievable this year! We have over 2 feet in the yard and it is piled up to about 5 feet along the walks! It is beautiful, but I think I want to go back to Sydney!! Larry and I are still talking about all the fun we had with you. It was also fun to hear that the kids had such a great Christmas! They will never forget their Aussie adventures and what fun parents they have! Love, mom/grandma

Lisa said...

I loved Aubrey's homemade gifts. She and Summer are so alike. Summer found odd objects around the house and decorated them with all sorts of craft supplies then wrapped them and made homemade cards for everyone. I'm glad you have good friends there to be with on holidays. As much as we miss you here and want you to come back, I'm sure it will be hard to leave all your friends in Australia!