Sunday, February 8, 2009

Never again

I mean it.
And, by typing it here, it becomes official.
There will be NO poppy seed bagels in this house again. From here on out, poppy seeds in general are banned, due to the fact that they look EXACTLY like roach poo. Their name is, from this time forward, POOPY seeds.
Don't come over expecting your (ex) favorite spinach salad with the homemade poopy seed dressing. It won't be served.
PS. I did actually make myself eat a bite (major gag) of this lovely tuna sandwich the other day. I made it, thinking the entire time, that it was covered in roach @#$**! But we had no bread, and normally, I really enjoy bagels... I toasted the bagel, and of course that lead to a trail of poopy poppy seeds all across the counter. I wiped them up, and just to be sure, followed with a few sprays of 409 and another wipe-off.

3 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

They totally look like poo! That's funny. I love poppy seed bagels though!

sixrich said...

OH Carrie, I can just see it! 409--you convinced yourself! Tee Hee.

Told my Aussie neighbor about you hummingbird sized cockroaches, I hope the extermination was a success!

Carry on---& Happy 12th Anniversary Valentines Day in NZ.

xox, Mom

girlfriday said...

oh that is too funny. i can't stand creepy crawlies! when we lived in vegas i couldn't live without regular pest control. i hated things crawling around in my house. now in jersey everything flies. it's unnerving! you can't have pest control for flying insects! i hate bugs!