Friday, February 27, 2009

Thack ith thikth

Well, maybe it's not quite that bad, but with his first tooth missing, Zach, our newly turned SIX year old, has a bit of a lisp.




He chose to invite his whole class and then some to his party. I am just SO incredibly grateful it didn't rain that day (so we were able to ever so cautiously herd the children across the street to the park :)


As the parents (who are 99% complete strangers to me) dropped off their little dah-lings, there were quite a few sideways glances shot in my general direction. So here's my reply. Yes, I am infact the mother. Yes, I was sober when I agreed to this many kids coming to my house at this specified time. Yes, I did plan out some activities, but I see we may forgo those considering the hyper-activity of your children. No, I don't usually scream this loud when guests are over, but I can't even hear myself. Can you hear me? PLEASE, don't be late to pick up your lil angel.





Photos from this fiasco, er, party are severely limited, as I was a bit understaffed. Of the 16 who rsvp'd, 24 showed up. Matt, Bryson & I were the supervisors. Sadly, Aubs was hiding upstairs, sick. We ended up dividing the friends into groups for the treasure hunt. After that, it was a free for all at the park. The clock has never ticked so slowly!

Here's our quiet celebration on the real birthday. Just the 6 of us. And a yummy chocolate cake. Happy Birthday Zach! We hope all your wishes come true.



3 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

You are a brave woman, very brave! Glad you survived!!

Lindsey S. said...

hahah! I love the video! He is too cute!

Sue Coe said...

Ohhhhh...I just love love love my Thacky!!!

And his mom R-O-C-K-S! Seriously!

Party on, Sista!