Monday, March 31, 2008

News Day


Zach has had a bit of a hard week. He is really emotional in the mornings, and struggles to line up with his class. But, his teacher is excellent. She tells me that he stops crying pretty quick once they're in class. She always gives him a job of some sort.
On Thursdays, Zach has "News Day." It's the same as show and tell. Last Thursday, Zach decided he'd like to show his baby. We got the ok from Mrs. Oweis. It was a hit. Zach talked about how he loves his baby, and thinks he's the smartest baby ever, and he knows how to smile... Just then Taylor did a really big show-off smile for the class.
Hopefully I will be able to work in his classroom a little bit, too. I know Zach really likes school. He comes home singing funny phonics songs, and talking about friends, so it can't be all bad, right? It is pretty hard for me to leave the school each day, knowing the kids are all being challenged more than they're used to.
ON the other hand, I really don't want to go back to grocery shopping with all 4 of them, so I'll keep taking them to school.

3 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

great job Zach! I'm getting the feeling that Jed would enjoy being a big brother right about now - when I watch a friend's little guy whose about 2 1/2, Jed shows him things and helps him out and talks to him in a little baby voice. Then after about a half hour he says to me "mom, i'm ready for baby Liam to go home..." oh well, maybe not...

whatever you did to your photos, so that I can now click on them and they load LARGE on the screen is great! Do it more, it is fun to see the details in your awesome photos....
take care!

Sue Coe said...

For Zachy -- Your baby is getting so BIG!! That was probably the best News Day EVER for your Kindy class! I am so proud of you & your bro & sis for being so strong & brave, and learning how to live in a whole new country. I love you! Auntie Sue

Linda Hall said...

I too am proud of all 3 kids! Thanks for the info on clicking on the pictures to enlarge them. I love the expression on Zach's face while holding little Taylor. How proud he is, and how much love he has for his baby brother. Zach's classmates were enthralled too! The story of Taylor's smile on cue was so sweet.
What a great family journal you are keeping here Carrie. The kids will always remember these special times! Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us.
We love you all tons!
Grandma Linda