Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Scared of needles?

I used to be. I still kinda am. But, when I went to the chiropractor yesterday, and he asked if I wanted to try accupuncture, I heard my voice say, "Sure."

I've been needing an adjustment, and Matt said he'd take the day off and keep the kids. So, I made an appointment and went. Back to the needles. The chiro put at least a dozen needles in my back. I almost had the nerve to ask him to take a picture. Not because I would be posting it for public viewing, but because I wanted to know what it looked like. I managed to stay still and not hyperventilate (what I normally do around needles). He put them in my low back and neck/shoulder.

He said I have a typical bubby back. Not related to the size or shape of my backside. It's what 'mums' get from packing around the bubby (baby) & the nappy (diaper) bag. And, I'll admit, my adjustment went really quick after he plucked the needles out. (Usually it takes the chiro awhile to get my back/neck to adjust because of muscle spasms.) I think I'll do it again! And, maybe even ask for a photo :)

3 comments:

Sue Coe said...

No Way! MY sister with NEEDLES in her back? . . . on purpose?! I'm afraid I'll have to see the picture next time to be a believer!

Linda Hall said...

Wow, I love this blog. Thanks for the fun pictures and updates. Since I have a bad back the NEEDLES sound good to me! May have to try it!
The kids all look great and happy! I'm glad they are making more friends. Can't believe how fast Tay is changing! Sure do MISS all the kids, & Carrie & Matt too! Larry and I are saving $ in hopes of going down under sometime in the near future!!
Love, mom/grandma Linda

Miller Family said...

I think your getting braver through this adventure. The jungle creatures, foreign places, driving on the opposite side of the car, etc. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. Love you lots, RJAKLEB