Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Answers

I just thought I'd answer some common questions:

1. How did the missionary dinner go? Was it really my first time?
I guess it wasn't my first time. We did have the elders over to Grandma Eleanor's last summer, I had forgotten about that. Maybe I don't count that cuz we were guests there as well:)

Our Elders here were from Gilbert, AZ and Chino Hills, CA. We ended up taking them to a Pizzaria because they couldn't come to our apt. We currently live out of our ward boundaries, so they couldn't come here.

2. Have you received your shipment?
No. It went to Beijing, and stayed there. We should've just sent it by boat. It may have arrived by now.

3. Do you see kangaroos?
No. We haven't come across any that weren't in a zoo. Sydney and the surrounding suburbs are BIG cities. Lots of busy highways. The landscape is very green and lush, but I haven't really explored it. There are TONS of loud birds (especially between 5-6 am), spiders, and lizards. You quickly learn not to pass between 2 trees or a lamppost and a tree. There are always huge webs with spiders (bigger than a quarter) connecting them. I've learned to let Matt walk in front so he clears the path for me! Our apartment place is home to many lizards and skeets (sp?). Actually there is a biggish one that waits outside our door. As long as it doesn't run inside, I'm ok with it. It's about the size of a hot dog.

4. When do you move into a house?
Well, we're here in Medina #4 until the end of Feb. At that time we are planning to move to a house in Chatswood. I've never been inside as there are tenants there now. We are actually looking for someplace different (less expensive, etc). But, as luck would have it, Sydney is in a rental crisis. It is on the news every night. The rent prices are skyrocketing because interest rates have shot up causing less people to be able to buy. There is also a shortage of properties. So, if you're interested in an investment property that you can rent out for $1000AUD/week, this is the place!

5. How is home-schooling going?
Hmmm. We've only had about 5 or 6 days. But it's going ok. Thankfullly, before we left, the kids' teachers prepared some worksheets, etc. The kids read everyday, and keep a journal. Mostly, we do fieldtrips so far :)

Hope you are having a great day! We still miss you!

2 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

Hey Halls--your blog is the best one on the whole world wide web (the wwww)! We want to come to Australia and live with you for awhile. We miss the cousins. Be well and God bless,

Uncle Pete and Aunt Heather

PS Nicole Kidman says hi

Mike said...

Thanks for the updates. We miss you guys, but are enjoying the blog. Say "hi" to Madison for us. :) Got a kick out of that one.

Mike