Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dinner time entertainment

I know I've ground in the fact that our apt here isn't the greatest. We're pretty used to it though. I'm sure it could be tons worse. Our kitchen is small, and not very well stocked. We have 6 forks, 6 plates, 3 pans, approx. 25 little capuccino mugs and 12 wine glasses, and some other odds and ends. Despite that fact, I have cooked more here that I have in the past 9 months, at least.

We have learned that full tummies are necessary to counter the effects of homesickness. We have also learned that there are no family friendly restaurants or even drive-thrus around here. And,the couple times we've gotten pizza have set us back at least $50. So, I cook.

Taylor is a typical baby--one that gets fussy during dinner time. Matt eats incredibly fast, so he gets to hold Taylor while the rest of us finish. They are great dinner time entertainment!

"Tay, how bout you pull up your pants, buddy!"
"Now show us your happy face! Good. And, your angry face? There it is.
How about your silly face? Yep, that's the one!"

Matt cracks us up with his stand up routine, while Taylor just gives us his bored stare.

One other thing...
This frill neck lizard lives here at Medina with us and the zillion other lizards. I have never been able to catch a good photo of any of them. Well, "Frilly" (as Aubs has named him) has been coming out more lately. The other day, I finally had enough hands to get out the camera and snap this photo before he got away. The arrow at the neck is pointing to where he can puff up and make a fancy collar out of his skin, and the second arrow is showing that his tail goes farther than the photo. He's a pretty big dude!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Gee, I just can't imagine anyone giving a blank stare to Matt and his humor!! :)

Lindsey S. said...

Taylor is getting big. Those are the cutest pictures! Who ever mike is, that was hilarious. Matt we think you are very funny... looking! Haha something you would say. Oh how we miss you guys so much! Love you all!