Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Sad

Today we said good-bye to Auntie Sue. We all went to church together, and then took her 'straight away' to the airport. She stayed an extra day with us, and we are so glad she did.

THANKS to her amazing husband and family. I know they missed her, but we needed her SO much this week. Thanks for sharing her! The kids asked her, "How come you can always make us laugh?" They loved having her attention, her sense of humor, and her patience (something I don't have much of.) SO, we are sad to lose her, but happy for her family to have her back. Thanks Auntie Zu!
PS. Zach was so sad he didn't get to give you a hug ;(

Another happy-sad is the passing of President Hinckley. I will miss him. But, who wouldn't be so happy for him to return to his wife and loved ones? At church today, the testimonies centered around President Hinckley, and how he had touched their lives. It is amazing how he made us feel like he knew each of us individually and truely cared. He gave us a glimpse of the love our Savior and Heavenly Father have for each of us.

At church today we had a warm welcome. There were maybe 60 people total. Each of the kids enjoyed primary. A highlight for me was the Sunday School teacher--he had a bow tie and a beard. Although he spoke so fast I almost needed a translator, I understood him perfectly for this:
"those blokes are the bad guys (pointing at a picture of Laman and Lemuel). See? You can tell because they have beards. See Nephi? Clean face.... the trouble on the ship came with the merriment (sp?) and rudeness. You can read more about that in D&C section something or other."

Anyway, that made me smile. You may have to say it in a fast Aussie accent to appreciate it. All in all it was a good day. We hope you are having one too.

4 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

The whole tone of this post is just right! We are happy-sad that you are on your Aussie journey - we miss you, but we know you are having a great family adventure! (and we hope to get to visit someday! happy!)

Palfreymans said...

Zach, have you seen any kangaroos yet? --Andrew

Sue Coe said...

(actually -- SUE said...)

WOW! Your Sunday blog beat me home! The flight was long, & the tears came as the plane left the ground. I am so happy to have had the chance to spend the week with my wonderful sister & hubby, and of course, my perfect little niece & nephews in the land downunder. (Will Tay still be my little Koala baby when I see him next? He's gonna grow so fast!)

Love you Lots & Lots . . . Fair Dinkum!!!

P.S. I'm so sad I was hurrying so much that I didn't get to hug & kiss my Mille Bournes partner :-( I love you Zachy!!

Lindsey S. said...

I taught last sunday and I was wearing flat shoes and James told me I kept going up and down on my tipy toes! Yeah while I was teaching! I didn't even notice, but he said I did it a lot! I wish he taught my sunday school class, atleast people could have had fun listening to his cool accent! Thats pretty funny about the something or other scripture!