Thursday, February 7, 2008

Growth

Taylor may still wear newborn diapers (ie. nappies), but he TOTALLY fills them out now! He even has some chub, and is getting the cheeks that Zach was famous for.


It's been two weeks since we left the comforts of home. I hear there is even more snow now than when we left. I don't miss the snow, although the rain here in Sydney isn't real desirable either. I do however miss home. We all wish for our friends, our favorite cereal choices, our cars with automatic sliding doors, our toys and our beds, to name a few. The shipment we sent is stuck in Beijing, so we are here with only the stuff from our suitcases.


But amazingly, it's ok. And, occasionally it's even better than ok. I guess adapting to the differences here is what makes us "grow." I was so scared to drive here. But, even more, I wanted to get out of the house. So, I drove. And it's not as bad as I thought. We have a TomTom (GPS device) that tells me how to get where I want to go. And, thankfully, what to do when I'm lost. It's the most awesome invention!

The food here doesn't taste the same. But, now we've learned that when you're hungry, you just eat it. And you get used to it, and maybe even like it! (That hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful.)

SO, that's our life today. Next time I'll just post pictures and not so many words. I promise ;)

1 comment:

Sue Coe said...

What? You're already tiring of your Kellogg's Rice Bubbles for breakfast???? Just add more "snow" --Bryson will show you how!