Thursday, November 13, 2008

Get out your raffle tickets

cuz this, my friends, is Blog Post Number 100! Somebody should be winning something very soon!

Meanwhile, have a look at the kids' school dance concert entitled, "Jubilee: 50 Years of Truscott Street Primary School." It was awesome (with moments of LOL and PYPL and STDTTGTTSIMAWTP/V--in case you missed that last one, it's 'sweating to death, trying to get Taylor to sleep in my arms whilst taking photos/video.')

For the past term, the kids have been learning dances. For the Jubilee, each class chose a popular song/dance style from the past 50 years. Zach's class danced to ABBA (hence, the need for Mamma Mia on his ipod awhile back); I'm thinking that was popular in the 70's. Bryson's class did the 90's with "Men in Black." I recognized a few of his moves from my days as a cheerleader (I put that small, cuz my brother's still jealous that he didn't get on the squad). Aubrye got to dance to Rhianna & Chris Brown (what do we call the current decade--the late 00's?). Anyway, they all really enjoyed learning the dances, and teaching eachother their moves at home.

**I'm posting these photos large due to the extremely poor photog skills, and in hopes that you'll catch some of the best little details :P**

Zach & Blake--Bryson was the one to first notice how much this kid looks like his best friend Caden (from home)

Sweet moves. Zach was up front with these 2 other boys. They were a crack-up! Didn't miss a beat! Well, on second thought...

The Bow. Men in Black. And sequins.

Bryson's class is years 3 and 4. Lots of attitude here. And rhythm.


During intermission. Bryson's down on the right.

Madi's turn. By this time, I was pretty busy with Taylor, as it was well past his bedtime. Thankfully, somebody video'd the whole thing, so we can buy the DVD.

At the end, the teachers did a surprise number. It was pretty funny. The kids went wild seeing their teachers like this!

I wish I had photos of the year 6's. They did "The Time of My Life"--slow song from Dirty Dancing. (not in Provo anymore, eh?) Anyway it was priceless. They were paired up in true slowdance style. But don't think any of them were looking at eachother. It was painful to watch! Their poor little eyes were looking anywhere but at their dance partner.

I'm in denial that Aubrye is going to be in Year 6 in 2 months... Maybe Matt will insist on being her dance partner next year for the 51st Jubilee.





4 comments:

Mike said...

These pics are awesome. I love how cool the kids think they are at this age. Wonder what they will think in about 10 years?!

Make sure you post the pic of Matt dirty dancing next year. :)

Sue Coe said...

I LOVE IT!! Man, I wish I could have been in attendance at this one (and I might have even helped with Tay a bit, in between admiring my adorable niece & nephews!!)

miss you guys . . . love, me

Heather Richardson said...

If there was ever a post that begged for accompanying video...

GO ZACH! (and the rest...)

C Hall said...

k-I'll load some video. It's pretty pathetic though. My excuse is, my seating angle, and Tay.

As for taking the pics off the blog, can you Control-click? and then choose save as? I haven't used a mac in years (although my next computer will definitely be one.)

I'll do a big upload to picasa again so you can get to them easier :)