Saturday, November 22, 2008

a slinky apple a day...

We were inspired to make our own applesauce after tasting hers the other day. It is SO yummy and dessert-like. You know I'm a sucker for dessert...anytime of the day or night. One reason I didn't make this sooner was because I didn't want to peel a bazillion apples by hand.

Then a couple days ago I was at this crazy Chinese housewares shop looking for some Christmas decor and I found "the apple/potato peeler/corer/slicer!" It really does the trick. Now if I could just get the boys to stop eating all the slinky apples before I can cook them, I'd have enough applesauce that I might be willing to share.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Just like "Tom Sawyer" if you let the kids think it is fun to peel/core/and slice then you won't have to work as hard!!

Heather Richardson said...

I think I saw one of those once at a Pampered Chef's party - way overpriced, natch - maybe I'll need your April visitors to bring me the Chinese housewares version one!
Those look great!

Linda Hall said...

Save some of those slinky apples and applesauce for us!! Maybe I will have to pick up one of those super-duper apple slicers when I'm there. I sure think your apple slinky-dinky demonstrator is CUTE!

jack richardson said...

Dibbs on first cup when I get there!!



Jack:P